Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Carry them forever

Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trust in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him. The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed. Save Your people and bless Your heritage; nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever. Psalm 28:6-9

For the past seven days I have felt myself becoming more and more emotional and anxious about the circumstances we could possibly face with our daughter. I had started to avoid eye contact with people as I didn't want them to ask me, 'How are you?'. Those I did engage with, were gracious when I responded, 'Not good' and my eyes welled up with tears. I didn't need to say anymore. They understood.

Saturday morning, with some other Christian women, I spent time worshiping in God's presence. During one of the songs, I felt God say, it's okay, I will carry you when you can't walk. His words bought to mind the 'Footprints in the sand' poem by Mary Fishback Powers.

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.
"

Since Saturday when God reminded me that He will carry me when the going gets tough, I have continued to fight the anxiety and emotions, but I have had comfort knowing that I am not in the fight alone.

I am 'carrying' these scriptures with me to remind me that He is with me always, 'carrying' me.

He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arm, He will carry them in His bosom and will gently lead those that have their young.  Isaiah 40:11 AMP

"Listen to me, family of Jacob, everyone that';s left of the family of Israel. I've been carrying you on my back from the day you were born, And I'll keep on carrying you when you're old. I'll be there, bearing you when you're old and gray. I've done it and will keep on doing it carrying you on my back, saving you. Isaiah 46:3-4 MSG

Thank you Jesus that you are carrying me when I cannot walk. Thank you that I am not alone, you are with me. Thank you that you heard the voice of my supplications and continually give me strength. Thank you that in You I can trust. Thank you for loving me.

Question for today, is there something in your life for which you need 'carrying' through? Be encouraged, God is there with you in the midst. He promises to carry you forever.




No comments: