Tuesday, October 6, 2015

But this I recall

But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore I will hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.
Lamentations 3:21-24  AMP

This is a new day. A day full of new mercy, loving-kindness and compassion from our Lord, for us. This is a new day in which we have the choice to put our hope in Him, to wait expectantly for Him. The Message Bible puts it this way,

But there's one thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:
God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.
Lamentations 3:21-24 The Message

If today is shaping up to be a challenging day for you, why not take time right now to declare this scripture aloud. Remind yourself that God has already supplied all you need for today. His love and mercy is there in abundance for you, waiting for you to receive it. His all consuming love.

Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword? Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter. Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us. Romans 8:35-37 AMP

There is one who tries all he can to separate us from Christ's love - to get us to just give up and turn away from our Saviour. Maybe it is through suffering, affliction, tribulation, calamity, or as is happening in some parts of our world, through persecution, peril or sword. And that, I believe, is why it is so important to have God's word in your heart and at the forefront of your mind - say it over and over. Along with spending time in God's presence, to know His heart and love for you, so you can honestly say,

What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?] He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
Romans 8:31-32 AMP

Question for today, what is it that you recall in times of trial and desperation? Today let's make a choice to recall that the Lord's love and mercy for us is new every morning. Let's recall that we are more than conquerors who gain a surpassing victory through Jesus Christ. Let's do more than recall, let's shout it out, both with voice and the choices we make today.

Surely or only goodness, mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. Psalm 23:6 AMP

No comments: