Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I'm over it!

Last night, in exhaustion and frustration I made an announcement to our children, 'I'm over being a parent.' With the way I was feeling, I was also over cooking dinner and doing housework. I went out to see my husband in his office, and pretty much said to him I am over owning a business. 

Yes, I was feeling really positive about life, not. My wise husband said to me, 'Wendy, when I feel like that, I have to start thanking the Lord for all He has done and is doing and is going to do.' 

Thank you Ken. Praise God for husbands. He was right. That is exactly what I needed to start doing even though I didn't feel like it, and was quite enjoying my pity party.

Here is what I read in The Message bible, from Matthew 6:30-34 this morning ....

If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers - most of which are never ever seen - don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? 

It seems that I had lost sight of this truth yesterday, that God is attending to us and our lives.

What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.

Relaxed - something I certainly wasn't yesterday. I was letting conversations about difficult circumstances replay over and over in my mind. Trying, in my own strength, to work out the way forward.

People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works.

No subtly there - yes I know God and I know a little of how He works. I can testify to His goodness and faithfulness in our lives. It seems that I have taken my eyes off Him.

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

Need to put my God glasses on, read His word, worship, be still, look for His hand on my life, taste and see that He is good.

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

Today, a new day, full of his mercies. A day to determine to do exactly as that scripture says. Keep looking up. Keep looking to my Heavenly Father. He is my help.

Question for today, are you feeling 'over' something in your life? Talk to God about it, ask Him to help you in this moment and know that His grace is sufficient for the next moment. 








No comments: