Thursday, July 13, 2017

Who are you calling on?

Just stop and think for a moment, what would you do if you didn't have the Name of the Lord to call upon? Who or what would you turn too? Who else is all seeing and all knowing? 

Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure.' Isaiah 46:9-10 NKJV

Think about those really dark moments in your life when you have felt completely helpless. There is nothing you can do. Money can't change the circumstance. Knowledge can't change the circumstance. Time can't change the circumstance. 

For me, these are the times when there really is only one Name to call on - Jesus. These are the times when His truth feeds my soul and lifts my head. He alone brings life.

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10 AMP

While Jesus will always give the answer and direction, I know I also need other people, wiser and more experienced in living this life as a follower of Christ. People who are willing to invest time into others, share their wisdom and continually encourage. I praise God for every person He has brought alongside us, so generous with both wisdom and grace.

Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 11:13 AMP

It is with one of our current challenges, that one of these wise people encouraged us to daily declare together Psalm 91, inserting the name of the person we are standing in the gap for. Basically to call upon the Name of the Lord with His words of truth.

This morning as I read through this Psalm Jesus gave me a beautiful vision of verse 13 - A victor, who knows completely who they are in Christ, fully moving in the love and authority they have been given, to guide others to experience and know the same.

If there is someone in your life that you are believing God's best for (or maybe even your own life), I encourage you too to declare Psalm 91 (or whatever scripture the Holy Spirit prompts you with), inserting that specific name. Be expectant that God will speak to you as you make this declaration - giving you a vision or a rhema word for that person. He alone is all knowing and all seeing - the past, the present and the future.



Name who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

Name will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!

For [then] He will deliver Name from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

[Then] He will cover Name with His pinions, and under His wings shall Name trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.

Name shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near Name.

Only a spectator shall Name be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.

Because Name has made the Lord his refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place, there shall be no evil befall Name nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.

For He will give His angels [especial] charge over Name to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service]. 

They shall bear Name up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Name shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall Name trample underfoot. 

Because Name has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set Name on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness – trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no never]. 

Name shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

No comments: