Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trust Him & Talk to Him

For I will not trust in and lean on my bow, neither shall my sword save me. Psalm 44:6

Who are you trusting in today? Are you trusting yourself to make things happen, to fix things, to sort it all out? Maybe you are trusting someone in your family, workplace or a friend to bring resolution to your problems?

I am constantly learning that in every sphere of life, there is only One who can really fix things. Only One who can bring the real victory.

You are my King and my God. You command victories for your people. Psalm 44:4 NLT

I know I certainly can't trust myself. I get caught up in my emotions, my thoughts, my pain and can easily lose perspective if I don't talk it out with God, quickly. I need to know what His truth is.

So what does 'talk it out with God' look like? For me it means telling God exactly how I am feeling - being the most real I can possibly be. He is a safe place.

God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. Psalm 46:1 The Message

Sometimes that safe place is when I am alone, verbally expressing, with a lot of tears in-between the words, releasing the pain that is in my heart.

Sometimes it is when I am writing in my journal, letting the words flow on paper, thought after thought after thought.

Sometimes it is putting on a worship song that expresses my brokenness in words I can't.

Sometimes it is in times of reading His word, asking Him to help me know in my heart, give me fresh revelation, that it is the truth and that He is trustworthy.

Questions for today, what does 'talk it out with God' look like for you? What do you do to remind yourself that He is your God, and that He commands victory for His people.

In God we have made our boast all the day long, and we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 44:8 AMP

No comments: