Saturday, January 6, 2018

Unfolding grace

So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 The Message

His unfolding grace. 

As I reflect on my life I can see that not a day has gone by without His unfolding grace...

The grace of being born in to family where my mother took me to Sunday school. The grace that helped me to transform from a child who was too scared to ask the teacher if I could go to the bathroom and so often had a 'puddle' under my chair in the classroom (our children love that story!). The grace that provided caring teachers and Girl Guide leaders who took the time to input into my life, helping me grow in confidence. 

The grace that, even though I went my own way in my late teens and early twenties, loved and accepted me when I returned and re-committed my life to Jesus.

The grace that gifted me a husband who is just as strong-willed as me and never wants to give up. The grace that has enabled our marriage to continue despite our failings. The grace to be able to a child, overcome the disappointment of two miscarriages, and have three more children.

The grace that has given us the strength and hope to continually lift our eyes to Jesus during seven years of believing for a miracle for our daughter's health (and I am crying now). The grace that has carried us to a place where we can now, most days, live our lives abundantly in faith.

The grace that has surrounded us with family and friends who have continually prayed, encouraged and helped us. The grace that has held this family together, and is growing us day by day in our journey as parents.

His unfolding grace. The grace, that in each of these days, even when we didn't realise it, has drawn us closer to our Heavenly Father.

Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.  2 Corinthians 4:16 AMP

Question for today, can you see how God's grace has  unfolded throughout your life? I pray that God will help us see that no matter what has happened or is going to happen, He has not left us. He will not leave us. He has not forsaken us. But rather His grace continues to unfold in our lives every day. Let's keep our eyes on Jesus.

Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting. 2 Corinthians 4:18 AMP


No comments: