Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Calling on Jesus - The best decision ever

For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." Romans 10:13 NKJV

This morning as I read these words in Romans 10:13 I started thinking about when I was walking past Harry's Cafe de Wheels in Woolloomoolloo, Sydney, and I called on the name of the LORD. 

That was the day when I really started to live. In taking that step of faith, over twenty years ago, to believe there was a God who loved me and wanted to have a relationship with me, my life instantly had the meaning that I had been craving for. I felt a peace that I had not felt before. I knew I my heart had found home.

Scripture reassures us, "No one who trusts God like this - heart and soul - will ever regret it." It's exactly the same no matter what a person's religious background may be: the same God for all of us, acting the same incredibly generous way to everyone who calls out for help. "Everyone who calls, 'Help, God!' gets help. Romans 10:11-13 The Message

I have not had one regret in asking Jesus to be my Lord and Saviour. There has only been an ever-growing gratefulness for His love and mercy in my life, combined with a peace of knowing that I don't have to strive anymore. I know the truth. 

I know there is a God is heaven who speaks to me every day through scripture, through promptings of the Holy Spirit, through people and through His creation. 
 
I know there is a Jesus who understands suffering and pain, and who made a way in His own suffering and pain for me to have that intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father.

I know there is a heaven, and that by the grace of God that's where I am going, one day, for eternity.

I know that today, while I am still here on earth, I am not forsaken, not for a second. And neither are you.

God, your wrap-around presence is our defense.
In your kindness look upon the faces of your anointed ones.
For just one day of intimacy with you is like
a thousand days of joy rolled into one!
I'd rather stand at the threshold in front of the Gate Beautiful,
ready to go in and worship my God,
than to live my life without you
in the most beautiful place of the wicked.
For the Lord God is brighter than the brilliance of a sunrise!
Wrapping himself around me like a shield,
he is so generous with his gifts of grace and glory.
Those who walk along his paths with integrity
will never lack one thing they need, for he provides it all!
O Lord of Heaven's Armies,
what euphoria fills those who forever trust in you!
Psalm 84:9-12 The Passion Translation 

Heavenly Father, thank you that your wrap-around presence is our defense. Thank you that you loved us enough to give us a way to come back into right standing with you. Thank you Jesus for making that way. Thank you that there are no regrets in living life your way. Help us to trust you more today, and receive your love and grace more fully so we can be the blessing you've called us to be. In Jesus Name, Amen.






No comments: